2. charged the battery (1 reports)
  3. replace battery (1 reports)
2010 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Jetta:

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

May 132015

Jetta SE 2.0L

radio/bluetooth died, eventually lead to draining battery

Radio died. Thought nothing of it, would replace later. Then the car wouldn't start, battery was dead. Didn't leave any systems on. Took it in for a "recall" on a different fuse, replaced battery and thought all would be ok. Parked car for 2 weeks while on vacation, came back car was COMPLETELY DEAD. Almost bought a $280 alternator. Kept reading of this issue online (seems like a humongous problem), and read what others wrote. I have removed the radio and this for the moment has seemed to solve any issues I have had with the battery. Plan on replacing the radio. Removing the radio is SIMPLE. Get a plastic tool to remove panels (auto parts stores have them), removed a total of 9 screws (need to have a T20 Torx screw. NOT PHILLIPS OR FLATHEAD). All the wires are harnessed and simple connections to remove.

- , Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jul 122013

Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2.0liter_f.I._turbo

I came out of work to face a dead battery. This time Volkswagon was called and a diagnostic test was scheduled for the 23 of July. this test was done at my expense. the charge was $86.00 per hour. The technician stated they detected I had a dead battery 3 times. No kidding. I knew that. what is causing my problem? I did not need to spend a $100. to be told this. I was told to take the car home and that was that.

- , Drifitng, PA, USA

Jan 002012

Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2.0liter_f.I._turbo

This incident was fairly insignifigant at the time. In the future it will prove to be quite foretelling.

- , Drifitng, PA, USA

Jan 202010

Jetta Tdi

Car was dead one morning when I was ready to go to work. Battery died within the first month of getting the car.

- , Mississauga, Ontario, Canada