2.9

2010 Volkswagen Jetta steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Jetta:

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Apr 012014

Jetta

When I approached a red light I pushed the clutch in and started to slow down. I was in the turn lane and there was an opening as I started moving feet from clutch to fuel pedal. The car lurch and came to a stop. The car had died while I was slowing down to get in the turn lane. I have called the VW dealer and they have no idea on why the car did and is still doing this. I don't feel it is safe for me or for my family, I am a firefighter and I really truly believe that the car is going cause an accident or kill us. The car has shut off on its own over twenty times in the last few months. It doesn't happen every time that the clutch is depressed, some days it doesn't do it at all. Other days it is every time or every other stop. When traveling at highways speeds the Jetta lurches like it is out of fuel even thou it has a full tank. All of the cars maintance is up to date per the dealer.

- Auburn , IN, USA

Apr 052012

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

On four separate occasions we have hit pot holes in the road at moderate speed resulting in an aluminum, wheel incurring substantial bending and going out of round. When this happens the wheel goes out of balance and the car looses stability on the highway. Both my wife and I have each been driving for more that 40 years and we have never experienced this degree of fragility in the wheels of any of our prior vehicles. The wheel design is of soft aluminum and the structure is cantelevered over the brake disc giving it very little central support to resist bending when confronted with ordinary road deformities. We have kept the last two wheels that were damaged in this manner and we would be happy to make them available for inspection. The first two were kept by the dealer at the time of replacement.

- Stoughton, MA, USA

Feb 132013

Jetta

When an engine stall occurs, this car requires a full reset before a restart can be performed. This is very dangerous when said reset happens while the car is moving. Meaning żż a full reset means the ignition key must first be fully turned off. When the car is in motion and the key is fully turned off, at that time the locking gear in the ignition switch engages and locks the steering wheel... while the car is in motion!!! this is a common occurrence in the manual shift transmission models.

- Bainbridge Island, WA, USA

Apr 272011

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

While driving at 35mph, car stalled out. Battery light flashed, radio etc stayed on, but car had no power at all. Rolled to next intersection, turned car off, and restarted it. Took it to dealer, they said it was a software update, which they then performed. Aug. 24 exiting I95, 65mph, same thing happens, I pressed the gas and the engine was totally dead. Lights and radio stayed on. Once again I rolled to a stop, and restarted the car. Took it to the dealer, they kept it for an hour and said there was nothing wrong with my car. So I took it to another dealer. After having my car for a week they were able to duplicate my problem. Their computers were hooked up to my car at the time, and showed no faults. So they were back and forth with VW tech support, and they are flying in an engineer, and they think it might be the steering control module malfunctioning. They have had my car for two weeks now, I have no idea when it will be fixed, if ever.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Aug 262010

Jetta

2010 VW sportwagon dsg stalled at traffic signal. Hd to shift into park and turn ignition off locking steering wheel, and then back on to restart engine.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA