CarComplaints.com Notes: Digging through the long list of NHTSA complaints about a sudden loss of engine power and the high pressure fuel pump failing, it's never good to come across the "my car (with a cold engine) set itself on fire in the middle of the night" complaint.

6.2

2011 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta:

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Mar 022013

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

We were traveling at 65 mph on interstate 93 approx 5 miles South of exit 11 in hooksett, nh northbound. There was a loud noise like a gunshot. I swerved into the left lane and by the time I got the vehicle under control my wife and I were covered in glass and our ears were ringing. We looked up and the sun roof had exploded out/upwards from the best we could tell. At the time of the incident the car was dry and it was clear out. There was no ice or snow on the roof. The windows were all closed and the sun shade was open. The heat was not on in the vehicle and it was roughly 40 degrees F outside. We immediately got off the highway at the next exit (11) and pulled into a park and ride lot to inspect damage. As expected the window broke outwards, with approx 33% of the glass missing in a hole in the middle, the rest shattered and falling off if you touched it.

- Billerica, MA, USA