Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Digging through the long list of NHTSA complaints about a sudden loss of engine power and the high pressure fuel pump failing, it's never good to come across the "my car (with a cold engine) set itself on fire in the middle of the night" complaint.

2011 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta:

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Aug 212016

The contact owns a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta. While driving in the rain at approximately 30 mph, the windshield wipers and horn failed. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V196000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and referred the contact to NHTSA without filing a case number. The failure mileage was approximately 130,000.

- Dumfries, VA, USA

Jan 152016

My horn does not consistently work. When I'm driving it only works sometimes due to believed to be faulty electrical. My door locks do not engage. A noise sounds but they do not engage causing safety issue. My wiper blades do not always work correctly nor do they spray wiper spray causing visibility issues. My electrical system is faulty causing one door to stay unlocked unless locked with key. My alarm system does not work. My driver side window does not properly work and will stop in the down position. The same door is having locking issue. There is known recall for other 2011 models on electrical system. I called VW and they said my VIN was not affected by the recall. I'm having the same issues as other Jetta owners with same year make and model and with active recall but VW refuses to fix my car. I could get into accident due to faulty horn, faulty door locks, faulty visibility and wipers that do not work properly. My electrical system is clearly faulty if all of these issues are failing at once. I took my vehicle to Firestone and they said faulty computer issues need to be fixed by VW. The vehicle is only 5 years old.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jul 042015

The contact owns a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, the vehicle jerked, the check engine warning indicator illuminated, and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was restarted, but the failure recurred. The was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the fuel injector system failed. Four injectors, the fuel rings, the ignition coil, and the wires were replaced. The contact stated that the windshield wipers failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the windshield wiper motor failed. The windshield wiper motor was replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000. Updated 01/12/16

- Riverpool, NY, USA

Dec 082014

The contact owns a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact stated that the frontal windshield wipers seized and could not be restarted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000. The VIN was not available.

- Plymouth, MA, USA

Jan 212014

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

My windshield washer fluid sensor came on, and it does not turn off. I did some reading online, and this seems to be a systemic issue. Most of the complaints were from people who used rainx washer fluid. Apparently it caused corrosion too quickly. Now, I don't want to use my washer fluid as often, so that I can make sure that I don't run out when I need it. My visibility during driving is affected by this.

- Orange, MA, USA

Jan 052014

Jetta 4-cyl

While driving the 2011 VW Jetta on 1/5/14 during rain showers I switched the wipers on (which I had previously used aprox 5 mins before) & nothing happened, then I realized that the turn signals were also not working including the hazard flashers.. upon reaching my home at reduced speeds in order to safely make it home I attempted to make the needed repair to resolve the issue, thinking the issue was a blown fuse, but after further investigation no blown fuses are present & at the current time VW service dept. Denies that any part of the electrical system is faulty & although the problem is still currently not fixed. Along with other electrical functions such as the power windows & door locks not functioning due to this electrical malfunction the vehicle will not crank & start using the ignition switch. I feel this problem is a safety issue that VW needs to address & offer a recall before such a malfunction results in a fatal incident due to not being able to clearly see the roadway during rainy conditions.

- Glencoe, AL, USA

Aug 062013

Jetta 5-cyl

I was driving and I tried to honk my horn because a tractor trailer was merging in my lane. My horn would not sound and I had encountered this problem before and then later that evening it started to drizzle and my windshield wipers were not working.

- Loganville , GA, USA