Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Digging through the long list of NHTSA complaints about a sudden loss of engine power and the high pressure fuel pump failing, it's never good to come across the "my car (with a cold engine) set itself on fire in the middle of the night" complaint.

2011 Volkswagen Jetta body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta:

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jul 012013

My clear coat began peeling last year, I made the mistake of waiting to discuss it with Volkswagen until this year, now they are saying my warranty has expired which we had bought the 6 year plan and that the clear coat is not their issue anymore plus a spot on my rear fender is darkening every time I wash my car. I've spoken with 4 separate body shops and all of them have said that both issues are in fact a manufacture issue and that I need to go back and keep trying to get them to acknowledge the fault. A simple google search will bring up several Volkswagen owners with the same issue and same year model, I've found only one that was successful in getting their car fixed. I hope that my story helps others, because they are basically just ignoring it with me.

- Plano, TX, USA

Apr 202013

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

This incident occurred while we were stopped. I was trying to get my 3 year old out of the car when the door wouldn't unlock. Because we have children, we also use the child safety locks to prevent the door from opening from the inside. The locks hare repeatedly failing to either lock or unlock. What concerns me is that there would be an emergency situation in which the doors would not unlock and my child (or children) would not be able to get out. A quick internet search shows that this is a recurring problem with some of the Volkswagen doors. If you do not have the child safety locks engaged, this becomes much less of an issue. However, these locks could lead to a very unfortunate situation with a small child in the back seat, unable to be removed from the vehicle.

- Garner, NC, USA

Oct 252012

The contact owns a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact stated that while attempting to close the rear driver side door it would not latch. The contact mentioned that the door had to be tied so that it would not open during operation. The vehicle was not taken to a mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 10,800. Returned by usps. 2nd attempt on 1/14/2013 fialed.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 102012

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

The factory installed lip spoilers that come with 2011 Jetta or later are only attached using glue. It is not secured with any hooks or screws. So the lip spoiler at the back of my Jetta has started to come off. In my opinion this is a big safety issue since the lip spoiler can come apart at any time. So if I am on the road or on the highway and the lip spoiler comes apart, it may cause damage or injuries to cars behind me. I took this issue to the VW dealership at dulles, va. The service department denied warranty service to repair the lip spoiler. They even tried to claim that I had somehow been involved in an accident which is not true at all. I believe VW is trying to cover this issue up and I request NHTSA to look into this matter.

- Bristow, VA, USA

Mar 072011

2011 Jetta sportwagen tdi rear hatch had a leak causing tailgate to fill with water. Brought back to the dealer three times. 1st time-replaced window and seal 2nd time-replaced third break light and gasket 3rd time-said there was a bad weld and replaced entire tailgate. The leak resulted in a high amount of moisture being in the car, now have concerns about the electrical system. VW will not extend the warranty on the electronics, that got wet.

- Narragansett, RI, USA