CarComplaints.com Notes: Digging through the long list of NHTSA complaints about a sudden loss of engine power and the high pressure fuel pump failing, it's never good to come across the "my car (with a cold engine) set itself on fire in the middle of the night" complaint.

9.1

2011 Volkswagen Jetta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta:

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 282011

Jetta 4-cyl

I purchased a new Volkswagen Jetta 2011, it has 3700 miles on board, during my trip to work (my speed was about 35M/H) before the intersection I tried to brake on red light, and my brakes did not work, they just stopped working, I pressed brake pedal 3 times till it began working again. I passed the intersection line and fortunately there was no any cars in front of me and very fortunately my speed was low. What could happen if I were on highway? that event happened after 3 days I passed service check at dealership. My car was towed to dealership and it was checked. After I was called for test drive and they were convincing me that everything was fine with the car, computer really showed 0 problems. I did not want to pick up my car and asked them to test the car till the problem appears again, because I think that is very major problem. In the end the problem occurred, and they realized that the problem really had place. I was given a report from Volkswagen service and I saw that the cause was: Internal failure at brake master cylinder, so they replaced: 1 master cylinder, 2 brake fluid and 1 gasket were replaced. It means that car really had a problem in spite it is new. Now I am afraid the same problem not to occur again. I am trying to replace the car, but Volkswagen does not do that, they tell me that the car was repaired under warranty. Now, when I am driving that car, I always try my brakes, before intersection, on highways and everywhere. I do not want to drive that car anymore, I always think that the same problem may occur again and it can cause a real accident.

- Houston , TX, USA

Nov 122010

Jetta

I bought a new VW Jetta 2011, on 11/11/10 next day I felt a problem when braking. The dealer said the brake drums were damage, it was a factory defect. Now I feel unsafe and disappointed driving it.

- Panorama City , CA, USA