3.4

2012 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta:

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 052014

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

This incident has happened twice. First incident was when I encountered a herd of deer on a rural road. I was traveling at highway speed of 55 mph and had to suddenly brake and de-accelerate to avoid a collision. The folding back seats flopped down in the de-acceleration. Similarly the same maneuver occurred on an urban freeway. I had to de-accelerate to avoid a collision at 65 mph and the same event occurred. If there were passengers or a heavy load in the rear area behind the back seats, they could have been thrown against the front seats or an object from the rear could have flown forward and hit the front seat passengers. I am sure that the seats were properly latched.

- San Francisco, CA, USA