2012 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta:

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 092012

On 9 March 2012, I bought a VW tdi Jetta sportswagen with automatic transmission. From the time I took possession of the vehicle, the transmission bucked, hesitated, and lunged. I took the car back to the dealership on 26 April to have it examined, but they said that it was "normal" and there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. I told them that if that was normal, I was surprised that anyone would want to buy one. After 2 months of this, I took the car back and exchanged it for one with a manual transmission. I believe the so-called automatic transmission (which is really a manual transmission with 2 clutches controlled by a computer) is inherently dangerous.

- Aberdeen, MD, USA