2012 Volkswagen Jetta lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta:

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 102014

Driver side bulb keeps burning out. Was replaced by dealer with oem parts, but it keeps burning out every month. The daylight running light on the driver side does not work. They keep replacing it and it keeps burning out. I see many other Jetta's like mine with the same problem on the road.

- Goshen, NY, USA

Mar 162016

My headlights keep burning out. I replaced them 4 times in the last two months! there is nothing wrong with the bulb harnesses. There was a point where both headlights burned out at the same time and I had no lights! I did research on this matter to find many Jetta owners are having the same issue these bulbs are not cheap to keep replacing them every couple of months, and the safety issue has to be considered here. I was parked thank god O noticed no lights before O drove. If where I lived was lit up I never would have noticed both my bulbs were burnt out!

- Johnston, RI, USA

Dec 152015

Driving home at night, both lowbeam headlights stopped working. The daytime running lamps still worked as did the high beams. I replaced one of the headlights with a new buld, and it still did not work

- Columbia Falls, MT, USA

Nov 072015

Both of the low-beam headlights stopped working as I was driving home on a unlit highway at night. The daytime running lights worked when I turned off the headlights, and the high-beam headlights worked when I tried using them. The next morning I replaced both low-beam headlights and they still do not work.

- Alexandria, VA, USA