CarComplaints.com Notes: VW updated the Jetta's interior and added new features like backup cameras to certain trims. Time will tell if these adjustments start falling apart.

4.8

2013 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta:

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 262014

Jetta 4-cyl

Sunroof shattered while driving in the country, no other cars nearby, nothing overhead, no apparent reason, it just blew up throwing glass everywhere. Luckily my 5 and 6 year old were not in the backseat :)

- California, MD, USA

Sep 102014

Jetta

Driving home on I-4 the evening of Sep 10, 2014 and heard a loud pop/gunshot sound from the sunroof, then started hearing glass debris blowing off the car. It was quite a shock to both myself and girlfriend in the moment. Luckily, I had the sunroof interior cover closed so it did not fall into the car while we were driving. I did not stop as I wasn't sure if it was safe, but after arriving home about 8-10 mins later I inspected the car noticing that the glass was not shattered in, but pushed outward like the impact came from the inside. There was a huge hole in the center with chards of glass inside and the entire sunroof has cracks throughout. Not sure whether to file a claim or go to the dealership for further inspection. I was driving about 65mph on the interstate, so there wasn't a possibility for vandalism. The temperature was in the low 80's.

- Orlando, FL, USA