CarComplaints.com Notes: VW updated the Jetta's interior and added new features like backup cameras to certain trims. Time will tell if these adjustments start falling apart.

5.4

2013 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta:

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jul 302015

Jetta 4-cyl

I have a 2013 Jetta sportwagen, automatic transmission. I had been driving my car for about 6 miles on a local, but busy road. I stopped at a red traffic light. While engine was idling waiting for traffic light to change, the engine stalled without warning. I was able to restart it, but then engine stalled again before traffic light turned green. When traffic light finally turned green, I was able to restart engine and drove car to safe location where I then turned engine off. When I turned engine back on, I waited, letting it idle, and it stopped again with no warning. I did not see any check engine light. I had car towed to dealer who could not find any codes and could not replicate the problem. I researched the problem on the internet and saw that in a Q & a for the radio talk show cartalk, cartalk hosts recommended a new crankshaft position sensor be installed to correct this same issue, also on a Jetta. Dealer did this at my request, but I had to pay $400+. dealer said they would take up this issue up with the manufacturer and see if manufacturer would reimburse me. So far, they have not gotten back to me. I am driving car, but do not know if problem is resolved or will recur.

- Wellesley, MA, USA