2014 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta:

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Dec 012016

Jetta

The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact stated that the vehicle was driving sluggish and was slow to accelerate in any gear. In addition, various warning indicators illuminated. The contact was not able to drive over a certain rate of speed. The vehicle drastically drove slowly and then raced into third gear. The dealer diagnosed that the fuel injection may be at fault, but provided no specific diagnosis. The failure continued. The dealer stated that the O-ring needed to be replaced. If that did not provide a solution, the transmission may need to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was not available.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

May 022015

Jetta

Parking the car in parking space. Car made extremely loud noise (like a backfire) and then auto accelerated. Tried hitting the brake but brake did not decompress. Hit a parked car in front of me.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Oct 282013

Jetta 4-cyl

Stopped for pedestrian crossing the street, normal stop, took my foot off the brake, stepped on the gas and nothing! car stalled and I could not move. Traffic was backing up behind me and the car wouldn't move. Put it in park, turned it off and on, after two minutes it finally worked when I stepped on the gas. Did the same thing about two weeks later...twice in one day! took it to the dealer the same day it happened first, told me I had an engine software recall, spent two hours at the dealer. They told me it was "fixed." Two weeks later, at a stop sign and then a red light, did the same thing. Brought it to another deal that night, who told me there was no loaner cars available, took the car for three days! they called back and said they could not recreate the problem, therefore they were giving me back the car. I don't feel safe!! have had numerous other problems with the car since October 2013, has been in the shop 8 times in 6 months.... now affected by the O-ring recall!

- Belle Mead, NJ, USA

Apr 052014

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

From a complete stop, pushed the accelerator and nothing happened for 4 to 5 seconds. Tried again and the car slowly rolled forward only to have the accelerator not work again almost causing the car to be T-boned in an intersection. This happened several time that day. Foot was no where near the brake pedal. This has occurred several times since and 5-24-14 happened again almost causing us to get hit crossing traffic. 2 dealerships have yet to duplicate it and will go in again 6-3. this car is dangerous to drive, so much it has sat twice a week at a time. It is not a turbo or diesel response. There is a huge problem with this car.

- Brookfield, WI, USA