2014 Volkswagen Jetta fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta:

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 012014

Car continues to leak, tire sensor always on doesn't go away, since the beginning of lease terms, all the above mentioned is consistent, while vehicle is stationary, in motion, on street or on a highway. Further, the same occurs with any turn.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Sep 242015

I was under the impression of buying a good car, when I purchase this vehicle on March 6 2015 I was never inform about the current recall #14V1820000, I purchase this vehicle brand new, even so is a 2014 model, also I took the car for service (June) I think and also I was never notified of a new recall that was issued on Jan 23 2015 recall #15V028000, and then I was never notified about the recent recall issued on Aug 04 2015, recall #15V483000, I would like to proceed and held VW co responsible for any wrong doing since the vehicle can cost fire and is unsafe to drive, I'm a sr retired and would like held VW responsible for their product and because they sold me a car without disclosing the recalls on the vehicle. I bought the car in March 6 2015 brand new even so is a 2014 model. Again I should be given trhu information about the car status.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Feb 022015

This is a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta sportwagen tdi (turbo diesel) I commute from charlotte, nc to detroit, mi approx once every 3 weeks. I travelled from a cold (15F), wet climate, to a warmer climate (34F), and parked my vehicle overnight. The next morning, the car would not turn over, and acted like the battery was dead. I checked the battery, and it was 13.9vdc. I continued to try to start the vehicle, each time the starter motor just making a grinding noise and not turning over. I left the vehicle for approx 20 minutes, and tried again, when it eventually turned over, all the warning lights on the dash came on, and the car idled very roughly at aprox 400 RPM. I tried to increase the RPM, and eventually (5 minutes of gently pushing the accelerator) it got up to 800-900 RPM. I tried to drive, and the car stumbled and sputtered for a while before getting up to normal speed. This has happened 5 times total so far. 3 times dead battery / hydro lock situation occurred 1 time the car ran roughly, and then when I pulled out onto the main road the car stumbled, died, and would not let me accelerate. I quickly put the hazard flasher light on, and somehow avoided a collision with the cars around me. 1 time the car ran roughly for approx 5 minutes, then ran smoothly the rest of the trip. I'm worried that I've damaged the engine

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jan 232015

Jetta 4-cyl

1. engine stopped running while traveling on surface streets 35 mph. 2. glow plug warning light appeared on dash 3. vehicle coasted to stop at curb, unable to restart 4. towed to dealership, vehicle diagnosed with catastrophic failure of high pressure fuel pump 5. currently under warranty repairs for entire fuel system 7-$10000.

- Ojai , CA, USA

Jan 082015

Jetta 4-cyl

I purchased my car in mid-Feb 2014 and it performed flawlessly the winter of 2014. I started my car on Monday Jan 5 (oat +5F) let it idle for a minute and drove 35 mi to work on the highway (RPM >2500), I don't have a temp gauge, but my car did not seem to warm up like normal. (usually its warm after about 3 mi, and hot after 10-15). After work (+8hrs later) I started my car (oat +15F), letting it idle for a minute then drove out of the parking garage (~100') and my car lost power, and had a flashing glow plug light, I believe this was limp mode. I pulled into a parking lot, let my car idle for a few minutes and there was no change. I shut the car off, waited a minute or two, and restarted the engine, appeared to run fine and I continued my drive home. I pulled my vagcom codes and saw that P0299, low boost pressure, I attempted to get my car into the dealer, but they were too busy. I did not drive my car Tuesday, but drove it to and from work Wednesday without a problem. On Thursday morning I started my car (-5F), it idled for less than a minute and then died. It continued to turn over, but would not start. I pulled the codes again (did not clear them from earlier in the week) and saw that I had a new fault P0087, low fuel pressure. I had my car towed to the dealer (VW roadside is slow, but free) and did not hear anything from the dealer until Friday afternoon. I was told that ice was discovered in my intercooler and that it had been replaced and the cold weather kit was installed.

- Noblesville, IN, USA