2014 Volkswagen Jetta seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta:

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Dec 112015

Forced off road by another driver, hit pole and my face hit steering wheel and head shattered windshield causing severe concussion, cuts/bruises and neck issues.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 242015

I was under the impression of buying a good car, when I purchase this vehicle on March 6 2015 I was never inform about the current recall #14V1820000, I purchase this vehicle brand new, even so is a 2014 model, also I took the car for service (June) I think and also I was never notified of a new recall that was issued on Jan 23 2015 recall #15V028000, and then I was never notified about the recent recall issued on Aug 04 2015, recall #15V483000, I would like to proceed and held VW co responsible for any wrong doing since the vehicle can cost fire and is unsafe to drive, I'm a sr retired and would like held VW responsible for their product and because they sold me a car without disclosing the recalls on the vehicle. I bought the car in March 6 2015 brand new even so is a 2014 model. Again I should be given trhu information about the car status.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Feb 162015

The contact owned a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle slid on ice and crashed into the rear of a pickup truck. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a concussion and injuries to the nose and lip that required medical attention. The contact had to be transported in an ambulance. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a body shop and deemed destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,798.

- Yale, VA, USA

Jun 142014

Jetta 4-cyl

June 2014 I brought my 2014 Jetta SE to the dealership to have it looked at B/C the airbag light came on & other lights.they had my car for a 1.5 weeks & claimed they were waiting on a new clock spring, finally after me getting agitated they fixed it, the car at the time only had 2000 miles on it.I was told by the service department it was just a electrical glitch and it's been fixed.then August 19,2014, the traction control, tire pressure, etc lights came on when I was backing down my driveway, I emailed the service tech asking if I needed air in my tires he said no to then turn the car off and turn it on, that should resolve the problem.he then said if it happens again to drop the car off at the dealership.September 3,2014 the lights came back on and this time I demanded to bring my car breaks were squeaking, all the lights from before where on & the back tires were making squealing noises, it only had 3750 miles on it.they had my car again over a week and came back with excuses, they said they were waiting for VW to give them the software update, they have 5 other cars that have also been waiting for the update.after me yelling and emailing everyone & going there myself to demand my car.they say VW hasn't release the update but they will dial it into my car.this is a serious safety concern and they are sitting on the fix.I then took my car to another dealership, meanwhile they deleted the error code so the traction etc lights are off.the other dealership said they couldn't give me a loaner car B/C VW wouldn't reimburse them unless the car gave them an error.I told them to call VW and get the error, they told me they couldn't. I would need to drive the car until the lights came back on and they could get an error code from the car.meanwhile a week later I'm still trying to find a dealership in atlanta with a loaner car & can fix my defective car.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Aug 042014

Jetta 4-cyl

The car presented problems in the month of July. Stopping at a red light the car is completely turned off, also the cell phone charger not working, this happened three times unfortunately not had the time to take it to the dealer. No light at the board of any problem warned. Turned off and turned on the car again and went back to work. I made an appointment with the service department told me to take it on Monday, August 4 at 10:30 am, I waited until 1:30 pm. They didn't give another car for go my job. They said they had called the same Volkswagen and they could not find the problem. They gave me the car without solving the problem because it turns off only they fixed the phone charger. The car returned to present problems on Sunday August 31 at 7:30 pm. I started the car and drive 3 blocks / blocks and turn right the car turned off, I found myself with a co-Pilot. Turn off the car and turned it on like I used to, yes it worked, but it light seat belt and air bags began ringing since we had not recognized belts. Turn off the engine and turned on 4 occasions but the problem was not resolved. I had to be with this annoying noise during Monday (labor day). I come back on Friday 5 September to services department left my car and I need a car to get my job but the didn't want to give me when I told her that explain in a paper that there isnot a car for me she asked me to wait a moment and suddenly I got a 2015 Nissan Altima, but could handle only in New York I can not leave this area. I call wolkswagen 800-822-8987 because I want come back my money because the car presents too many flaws that can not be fixed and I will not be a victim of an accident in the future. Please appreciate attention to my order. Thanks a lot

- New Rochelle , NY, USA

Feb 192014

Jetta 4-cyl

The vehicle was in a major car accident before I purchased the vehicle and the carfax states that the car was involved in am accident with another vehicle which caused severe front damage reported. Multiple airbags deployed. The sub rail frame has been welded together by someone that did not appear to know what they were doing and now the entire frame is cracked again.

- Houston, TX, USA