2015 Volkswagen Jetta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Jetta

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact stated that while driving, there was a cracking and grinding noise present when depressing the brake pedal and the vehicle would not immediately stop causing the braking distance to be extended. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 39,000.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Sep 272016

Jetta

Just seconds after the epc light came on (I didn't know what it meant) my brakes went out. The brake pedal was stiff and my car had no response in slowing down. Luckily I had been in a position where there was time and space to react and to slow down using the E brake. Just minutes earlier I had been on the highway, as well as in some city traffic - if I lost my brakes at any other moment things could have been deadly. VW ended up swapping out the entire engine. The camshaft had broken in half. I was told by the technician that this was related to some sort of recall issue they had in the past, but I don't know anything more than that. I'm very troubled that a less than 2-year-old car with 16K miles on it can have such a sudden and serious malfunction. Please advise and ensure this does not happen to anyone else. Oh and to make things worse, I was on my honeymoon...

- Needham, MA, USA

Sep 102016

Jetta

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. While at a red light, the engine suddenly revved and the brakes failed to stop the vehicle from moving, the vehicle accelerated and crashed into the preceding vehicle, which then crashed into a third vehicle. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a local dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 14,907. The VIN was not provided.

- Rogers, AZ, USA

Jul 252016

Jetta

My vehicle had a safety recall (23R1/camshaft) which only had the software updated to correct the problem of the camshaft failing and loosing power brakes. We had this done in March of 2016. I was driving home at about 30 mph and touched the brakes to turn and they were hard. Fortunately I wasn't going too fast and because I was getting ready to turn and was able to coast to stop in front of my home. We had the car towed to the dealership and they diagnosed a camshaft failure. We have been informed the vehicle is fixed with the same part. Obviously a software update is not going to fix the problem if Volkswagen in using the same camshaft to repair. Volkswagen is putting many lives at risk without a fix to this problem. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle and do not want to put my family in a vehicle that we feel is a ticking time bomb. We could be killed or injured not to mention other people if we are involved in an accident. I have contacted Volkswagen and they have no fix for this problem. This a serious safety issue and I have reported this to Volkswagen and told them I want them to buyback the vehicle, no one would feel safe driving this vehicle especially on the highway at 70 mph.

- Erie, PA, USA

Mar 172016

Jetta

The camshaft lobe has the potential to unexpectedly shear off from the chamshaft. VW's remedy is a software update. It seems the camshaft should be redesigned instead. How will a software update fix this issue?

- Springfield, VA, USA

Feb 232016

Jetta

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. While driving 60 mph, the electronic power control warning light illuminated. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V705000 (engine and engine cooling, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the vehicle repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Feb 092015

Jetta

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. When depressing the brake pedal, the stopping distance was extended and the pedal extended to the floorboard. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact was informed that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V70000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The contact indicated that the vehicle experienced the same failure listed in the recall. The failure mileage was 35,500.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Nov 102015

Jetta

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V705000 (engine and engine cooling, service brakes, hydraulic) and the dealer was unable to provide the part for the recall repair in a reasonable amount of time frame. The contact called the dealer for months and was unable to determine when the vehicle would be serviced under the recall. The manufacturer was contacted and was unable to determine when the part would be supplied to the dealer for the recall repair. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mahwah, NJ, USA

Nov 072015

Jetta

I bought a brand new 2015 VW Jetta in June 2015 in san jose, ca. On 7th Nov 2015 I was in this Jetta with my family, driving at 70 mph. Traffic started slowing down and I tried braking but I had almost no brakes. There were no warnings in the vehicle to let me know there was a failure. Fortunately I was in the extreme right lane and swerved to get on to the shoulder of the road to avoid hitting other cars. My family and I and others may have been killed or injured. Volkswagen says they will look into it and are will decide if this is covered under warranty. Meanwhile I am without a car and they do not know when they will get it fixed.

- Cupertino, CA, USA