2015 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Feb 232016

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. While driving 60 mph, the electronic power control warning light illuminated. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V705000 (engine and engine cooling, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the vehicle repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Jan 042016

The "start engine stop" button is living away on the letter N of engine, causing a metal blade to pierce the skin when the button is depressed to start or stop the car.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Dec 192015

I bought my car in July 2015, new, from larry roesch dealer in Chicago, after waiting 8 hours in the waiting room for them to "clean my car in the back shop"- while several other customers came and went with their new cars. After only a few thousand miles on my car, it needed to have a quart and half oil added to it and the oil light came on. I took it into the dealer and they said it was "normal". after I called the manufacturer to request a letter stating my car was clear and did not have any recall issues, I was told the letter could not be issued because there was, indeed, a recall issue which had to do with the camshaft. I was told this issue did not have a fix for it and would not have one until March 2016. I requested a letter stating it would be safe to drive the car with my children and family, but VW said they were not able to give such a letter stating that the model of the car was "safe to drive". I told them I was not comfortable driving a car that could potentially shut off while driving on the highway and causing injury or death to my family-- at that point, VW agreed to tow my car and to replace the camshaft (even though I was initially told by VW that the camshaft replacement would cause the very same issue). I received the VW Jetta SE 1.8T back from pugi dealers last Thursday and was told there should not be any other problems. Today, I drove half mile from my home to the laundry and when I returned to my car, the car would not start, the light indicator for "steering malfunction and engine issues" came on. I called VW and they have towed the car to pugi dealership, yet again, and I do not have a car - once again- to take my children to school and work, etc. There is a very obvious and serious issue with my car. It is not something to play with people's lives over, since VW told me it cannot be fixed and could potentially cause a crash.

- Villa Park, IL, USA

Dec 072015

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. While driving at various speeds, the contact grabbed a cellular phone out of the storage compartment in the middle console of the vehicle. The contact stated that at that time the on/off switch was accidentally depressed, causing the vehicle to shut off while still in motion. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer and was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,200.

- Brighton, CO, USA

Dec 012014

VW dealer and mechanic admits to driving my car and verifying in person while driving that my car tires are shaking due to the suspension of the car and I should put luggage in the trunk to help smooth the ride or go with a larger wheel size.. I feel very unsafe with family in my car. Electrical issue is a fuse keeps burning out due to an improper ground from both power plugs front and back seat. While driving the passenger door opened by itself while both hands were on the steering wheel.

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Jun 302014

I purchased this vehicle less than one month ago and am concerned about the listed recalls. My vehicle falls within the specifications as listed on the recalls, however, my vehicle returns a search of no open recalls. My biggest concern is the fuel system recall. On four separate occasions, since I have owned the vehicle, I have smelled gasoline both while at an idle and just after turning off the ignition. Your assistance with this matter is appreciated.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 012015

Jetta 4-cyl

The panic button on the key fob has no delay. If you push it one time, with very little pressure, the alarm goes off. I was stopped at a stop light and I stalled the engine with the manual transmission. I went to turn the key off and back on again to start the engine and since the panic button is on the side of the key (facing straight up, or down when in the ignition). The alarm started going off and the engine wouldn't start. I was holding back traffic, scrambling to figure out what had happened as the action was completely unintentional. This is a safety issue and needs to be addressed. Other key fobs I've had required pressing and holding the panic button for 1 or 2 seconds to activate it. Bad design of key fob, the button at least should be slightly recessed.

- Spanish Fork, UT, USA