2015 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 102016

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. While at a red light, the engine suddenly revved and the brakes failed to stop the vehicle from moving, the vehicle accelerated and crashed into the preceding vehicle, which then crashed into a third vehicle. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a local dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 14,907. The VIN was not provided.

- Rogers, AZ, USA

Feb 192016

Driver was being poisoned by carbon monoxide while driving the vehicle due to a exhaust leak. Driver became ill at least 2 weeks ago but possibly has been experiencing milder symptoms for longer. Car is at dealer service and they are replacing the muffler

- Phenix City, AL, USA

Feb 232016

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. While driving 60 mph, the electronic power control warning light illuminated. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V705000 (engine and engine cooling, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the vehicle repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Feb 232016

When I pull out the engine oil dipstick there is a sharp edge at the end of the stick. I almost cut my finger as I wipe it off with a paper towel. I think this is a quality control problem. There should be no burr or sharp edge on the end of the oil dip stick. Eventually as I pull out the stick and putting back in. This might rub off the internal plastic tubing over the year which will cause wear by checking the oil level. One thing for sure I did remove the burr by filing down lightly to prevent injury in the future but should have not done in the first place. Please tell VW to improve it quality control on the oil dip stick.

- West Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 102015

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V705000 (engine and engine cooling, service brakes, hydraulic) and the dealer was unable to provide the part for the recall repair in a reasonable amount of time frame. The contact called the dealer for months and was unable to determine when the vehicle would be serviced under the recall. The manufacturer was contacted and was unable to determine when the part would be supplied to the dealer for the recall repair. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mahwah, NJ, USA

Dec 172015

About three weeks ago with 16K miles I called VW and indicated that my Jetta smelled like diesel. I was told it was probably just an overfilled fuel tank. It turned out to be a leaky high pressure fuel pump. On the 2015 Jetta, this is located on the top of the engine. This literally means that fuel was leaking directly onto the hot engine and exhaust. The leaking fuel eventually ate through radiator lines and caused a complete loss of coolant. Obviously leaky fuel + hot engine / exhaust = fire risk. Not to mention the coolant loss stranded my family on the side of the road. The loss of coolant happened at city speeds and stranded my family.

- Rootstown, OH, USA

Dec 192015

I bought my car in July 2015, new, from larry roesch dealer in Chicago, after waiting 8 hours in the waiting room for them to "clean my car in the back shop"- while several other customers came and went with their new cars. After only a few thousand miles on my car, it needed to have a quart and half oil added to it and the oil light came on. I took it into the dealer and they said it was "normal". after I called the manufacturer to request a letter stating my car was clear and did not have any recall issues, I was told the letter could not be issued because there was, indeed, a recall issue which had to do with the camshaft. I was told this issue did not have a fix for it and would not have one until March 2016. I requested a letter stating it would be safe to drive the car with my children and family, but VW said they were not able to give such a letter stating that the model of the car was "safe to drive". I told them I was not comfortable driving a car that could potentially shut off while driving on the highway and causing injury or death to my family-- at that point, VW agreed to tow my car and to replace the camshaft (even though I was initially told by VW that the camshaft replacement would cause the very same issue). I received the VW Jetta SE 1.8T back from pugi dealers last Thursday and was told there should not be any other problems. Today, I drove half mile from my home to the laundry and when I returned to my car, the car would not start, the light indicator for "steering malfunction and engine issues" came on. I called VW and they have towed the car to pugi dealership, yet again, and I do not have a car - once again- to take my children to school and work, etc. There is a very obvious and serious issue with my car. It is not something to play with people's lives over, since VW told me it cannot be fixed and could potentially cause a crash.

- Villa Park, IL, USA

Apr 152015

Traveling on the freeway going to switch to the fast lane and the engine reverts to idle speed. The engine does not turn off and no lights come on but RPM's go down to around 900 and the engine does not respond. I put the car in neutral and depressed the accelerator but nothing happened I put it back in drive and pressed the accelerator again and the engine recovered, in the mean time the vehicle slowed considerably and cars were approaching from the rear. This has happened numerous times but again after a few seconds the engine recovers. I notified VW and brought the car into a dealer to have it checked and nothing was found. I don't want to bring it back to the VW service because obviously this does not happen all of the time.

- La Habra, CA, USA

Jun 302014

I purchased this vehicle less than one month ago and am concerned about the listed recalls. My vehicle falls within the specifications as listed on the recalls, however, my vehicle returns a search of no open recalls. My biggest concern is the fuel system recall. On four separate occasions, since I have owned the vehicle, I have smelled gasoline both while at an idle and just after turning off the ignition. Your assistance with this matter is appreciated.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 092015

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. While coming to a complete stop at 5 mph, the vehicle started to jerked and then stalled. The contact mentioned that after the failure, the check engine light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle resumed normal operation after it was restarted. The vehicle was immediately taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 617.

- Jackson , NJ, USA