2015 Volkswagen Jetta fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Dec 172015

About three weeks ago with 16K miles I called VW and indicated that my Jetta smelled like diesel. I was told it was probably just an overfilled fuel tank. It turned out to be a leaky high pressure fuel pump. On the 2015 Jetta, this is located on the top of the engine. This literally means that fuel was leaking directly onto the hot engine and exhaust. The leaking fuel eventually ate through radiator lines and caused a complete loss of coolant. Obviously leaky fuel + hot engine / exhaust = fire risk. Not to mention the coolant loss stranded my family on the side of the road. The loss of coolant happened at city speeds and stranded my family.

- Rootstown, OH, USA

Jun 302014

I purchased this vehicle less than one month ago and am concerned about the listed recalls. My vehicle falls within the specifications as listed on the recalls, however, my vehicle returns a search of no open recalls. My biggest concern is the fuel system recall. On four separate occasions, since I have owned the vehicle, I have smelled gasoline both while at an idle and just after turning off the ignition. Your assistance with this matter is appreciated.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA