5.4

2015 Volkswagen Jetta fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Dec 222016

Jetta

This vehicle's VIN report shows no open recalls. Yet I smell fuel in the cabin and have on multiple occasions seen evidence of fuel leaked on the ground. Other 2015 Jettas do have recalls for a fuel rail leak. My vehicle appears to have the same safety issue. I believe my vehicle should also be included in the safety recall. I ask you to include it in the existing safety recall. Thank you.

- Wadmalaw Is, SC, USA

Dec 172015

Jetta

About three weeks ago with 16K miles I called VW and indicated that my Jetta smelled like diesel. I was told it was probably just an overfilled fuel tank. It turned out to be a leaky high pressure fuel pump. On the 2015 Jetta, this is located on the top of the engine. This literally means that fuel was leaking directly onto the hot engine and exhaust. The leaking fuel eventually ate through radiator lines and caused a complete loss of coolant. Obviously leaky fuel + hot engine / exhaust = fire risk. Not to mention the coolant loss stranded my family on the side of the road. The loss of coolant happened at city speeds and stranded my family.

- Rootstown, OH, USA

Jun 302014

Jetta

I purchased this vehicle less than one month ago and am concerned about the listed recalls. My vehicle falls within the specifications as listed on the recalls, however, my vehicle returns a search of no open recalls. My biggest concern is the fuel system recall. On four separate occasions, since I have owned the vehicle, I have smelled gasoline both while at an idle and just after turning off the ignition. Your assistance with this matter is appreciated.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA