2.2

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen:

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Owner Comments

Jul 152016

Jetta SportWagen

Right front headlight assembly (high & low beam, turn signal, drl), right rear taillight, third brake light, license plate light and left rear turn signal all stopped working at the same time. Dash information center reported all of these lights need to be checked. After 1.5 hours of troubleshooting with a fluke multi-meter, I found a post on tdi forums referencing campaign 97am to check the fuse panel under the hood, position F16, 30amp fuse for melting. I checked this fuse and the fuse panel and fuse is melted. I contacted the VW dealership that verified there is no recall on this issue pertaining to my VIN. I then contacted VW customer care who also said there is no recall or safety issue and they will not correct it based on numerous complaints about the issue on the 2009 - 2012 Jetta sportwagens. VW advised me to take the car to the VW dealership for further diagnosis but advised I would be responsible for any charges to fix the car.

- Pueblo West, CO, USA

May 152016

Jetta SportWagen

Radio (including bluetooth) suddenly went out at 39K miles. Dealer diagnosis was that radio failed.

- Fairfax, CA, USA

Mar 082016

Jetta SportWagen

My lights began failing without warning. Front headlight, rear tail light, license plate light, directional signals, back up lights. In total, 7 lights failed within minutes. Vehicle was turned on and moving on a city street. Warning lights inside the vehicle told me that lights failed when I used them (signals, brakes, headlights, etc). Drove directly to dealership to repair/report problem. Research told me that this was a common issue and a NHTSA recall on 2009 and 2010 models. Our 2011 did not have a recall on it, but issue was identical. Contacted VW customer service. Case #160222423. They agreed to pay 75%.

- Columbus, OH, USA