1998 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Volkswagen Passat:

1998 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jan 112005

Passat 4-cyl

The sunroof opens and closes by it self, opens and doesn't close by it self while driving my 1998 volkswagon Passat. It first opened/closed by it self in January, 2005. It scared me and was/is unbelieveable. It didn't happen again until a month later, the sunroof would slide back 3/4 of the way and then close by itself. I took the car into royal volkswagon in fl on 02/28/05 and in addition to regular service I asked to check the sunroof. I was told they were "unable to duplicate customer concerns. No repairs recommended at this time."

- Apopka, FL, USA

Jun 052005

98 VW Passat have had nothing but one problem after the other with this vehicle. Just had to replace my oil pump now my timing belt went and destroyed my engine. After I see that this has happened to several others I believe VW should take care of this expense. I have had to go through the expense of the front control arms, speed sensor etc. My car has been in the garage more than I have drove it. Problems with transmission

- Cheboygan, MI, USA