1998 Volkswagen Passat windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Volkswagen Passat:

1998 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Mar 192015

Passat GLS Sedan 109 CID

Cheap cheap cheap. Metal window regulator and plastic clips that DO NOT HOLD WINDOW. Why can't you just sell durable clips? Or I suggest you repair it for free. All four windows don't work due to cheap sh*t!

- , Grand Junction, CO, USA

Sep 152013

Passat Glx 2.7L V6

The windows on the drivers side and the two back windows all fall down. The only reason the passenger side isn't falling is because the window isn't on the regulators. I had to buy new regular clips that hold the window because the entire window had fallen into the door but we have put it on yet. I don't think I have the same problem with the other windows because they would've fallen all the way down too and not come up. The other 3 windows fall down out of no where but they go back up once I turn on the car and raise them. My best guess is its an electrical problem or some signal is given out and they fall down. I don't know if they fall down or just go down as if they where purposely being put down ( with the controls .) I've never witnessed it. All I see is the next day they are all the way down. This actually started happening once I bought a new battery for it because when it was sitting there without one this problem would not happen. Please help out, thanks!

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA