2001 Volkswagen Passat clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Passat:

2001 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jun 282004

Passat 6-cyl

While driving at 10 mph vehicle stalled, vehicle was towed to independent shop, and mechanic determined that clutch pressure plate broke in two parts. The part was replaced at the consumer's expense of $1055.

- Hume, VA, USA

Jan 222003

Passat 6-cyl

I have VW Passat, 2001. It has around 30 000 miles on it. The clutch has gone down on this car and it needs to be replaced. Parts and labor for this repair are more than $2200. This car has electrical problems also. The warranty is gone after 24000K or 2 years. I have extended warranty on this car, but they don't cover anything from the long list of repair. I called to VW customer care and ask to reimburse me for clutch repair, since it must be after 10 years/100 000 miles power train warranty. They refused to participate. I complain about VW quality ( I have friends having trouble with VW as well). I believe that manufacture has to take care of bad product and cover the repair cost. I purchased this car brand new and I expect to have a quality item, not the junk for more than $25K. I also completely dissatisfied with VW service!!!!

- Lynn, MA, USA