2001 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Passat:

2001 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jan 142011

Passat 4-cyl

I own a 2001 VW Passat 1.8 and I just got some info on oil sludge I been having that problem a long time and dealer always said it was the oil pump or some thing else my father has the same problem with his Passat first the light comes on and then the engine starts to make noise we always change the oil with the recommended oil and still the problem in order to use the car after the light comes on you have to park the car and find another way to move around and try a couple of hours later to see if the noise and the light is gone my car I paid 7900 9 months ago and it has 138000 and its not far for VW say your not covered I come from a VW family my mom has a 06 jetta my dad a 99 Passat my brother has a 03 golf my sister has a 07 golf and just to allow to just say sorry cant help you knowing that their are cars with more miles than 120 out their and even thy have records of us having service hour car with them it is not write.

- Chicopee, MA, USA

Dec 122008

Dec 12th 2008 the interior of my passt was flooded with water, VW service removed 10 + gallons of water which entered from air plenum /pollen filter hosing(cabin area). Service informed me of the P9 recall for the Passats manufactured Nov '00 to Dec '05. But, VW of America will not help me they said my VIN # is not in the recall. The computers are on the floor of car. Air bag is in default damage from electrical damage from water damage.. my trans mod is wrecked from the water damage, just the part alone will cost $1,300. I have lost work and can not drive. The make of car & year is in recall so why is my VIN not included?! someone please, please help me.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Jan 012004

Passat 6-cyl

The front driver seat smelt like it was burning and a small amount of smokeor haze appeared in the car. Turned seat off and it dissipated. Is this a major porblem? also on interior door handles a cheap repaint peels off after less than two years. I see this problem in all vws, so I look at this as a major problem. When I approached VW America, they offered to pay half the cost as the car is out of warranty, hmmm. Thank you.

- Mt.Pleasant, SC, USA

Jun 252003

Aig is attempted to collect on a policy I dispute, not a claim dispute and I don't know who to contact for assistance and mediation. Basically, I feel they changed my policy and rate without giving me a quotation. I would like to send you the entire history and letter I have drafted for the collection Agency. I have contacted aig and they are not willing to work with me.

- Canton, MI, USA

Aug 222002

Engine light always comes on then goes away.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Oct 232000

Engine check light intermittently came on. Vehicle would sometimes just stop. On October 18, 2000 while traveling at 65mph on freeway vehicle just stopped. Consumer almost got hit 3 times trying to get the vehicle off road. Vehicle has been taken to dealer 8 tmes. They have tried many things to rectify problem. Consumer has contacted arbitration for assistance. Once consumer had contacted them they tried unplugging computer and chips to see why light comes on. Volkswagen finally said to replace computer.

- Oakland, CA, USA