1. replace visor (4 reports)
  2. double stick carpet tape (3 reports)
2002 Volkswagen Passat accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat:

2002 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

May 182011

Passat GLX 2.8L V6

Like others here, my homelink just fell out. I just put tape on the back and looks like new. However the tape loses its stick every few weeks. It's still better then paying $300 for a new one

- , West Sayville, NY, USA

Sep 142010

Passat 1.8t

Fell out of visor and only the number 2 button will work.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 012007

Passat 1.8t

We did not even use the garage door opener part of the visor. One day, it just fell off in my lap while driving on the highway, making me jump. The plastic has just fallen apart. Eventually, we built a garage (and so had an opener), and I used the opener clip to hold the broken part of the visor up out of the way

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Aug 012003

Passat GLX Wagon V6

Ah, the "wonderful" Passat. Had the Homelink opener fall out once under warranty. They replaced the visor for free. It fell out again after the warranty expired and we elected not to pay $500.00 for a new visor, so we used double sided carpet tape to stick the Homelink button pad back into the visor. It works and is much cheaper than a new visor.

- , Littleton, NH, USA

Nov 012003

Passat GLX Wagon V6

We've had the Homelink Pad fall out of the visor twice. The first time it was covered by warranty. The second time it was not and we decided not to pay VW $400.00 for another visor that had not changed (meaning it would fall out again). So, we chose to try double stick carpet tape around the edges of the pad to hold it in place. It worked fine and was much cheaper. This is one of a myriad of nuisance problems we've had with this car......last VW we'll buy.

- , Littleton, NH, USA

Feb 162007

Passat GLX V6

Very odd , from one day to the next the entire cover of the garage door opener fell out. I tried to fix it myself to no avail and found it too expensive to spend the money on. I ended up purchasing a cheap garage door opener from Sears.

- , Torrance, CA, USA

Jan 222007

Passat 4 Motion 2.0

the interior garage door opener fell out into my lap from the visor. No solution but to replace entire visor at MY cost of $525.00. How does this happen to 3 other people with the same car and NO ONE at VW thinks this is a problem?

- , Pocnos, PA /US, USA

Nov 182006

Passat 1.8

Hey - This shouldn't happen - The remote garage door opener located in the visor simply fell into my lap one day. I discuss the 'fix' with the volkswagen advisor and he told me I would have to replace the entire visor. That sucks!!

Since my event I have spoken with three other Passat owners - they have all experienced the same problem - because their event occured during the warranty coverage their's was fixed for free.

Hey .... what are the odds of knowing three other Passat owner with the same problem... and why is such an issue not considered defective by the manufacturer and replaced for free?

I am penalized for not putting enough miles on the car before this event happened?

- , Glendale, AZ, USA