2002 Volkswagen Passat clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat:

2002 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Aug 062007

The clutch on my 2002 VW Passat failed at 47K miles! my wife and I are both in our mid-forties and are very experienced and gentle clutch drivers. We haven't owned cars without a clutch for over 20 years. In addition the repair cost to replace the clutch on this car is outrageous. I am writing because I noticed several people with the same problem on a number of chat boards. Has this ever been investigated? thanks,

- Hermosa Beach, CA, USA