2002 Volkswagen Passat cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat:

2002 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jul 022009

Passat

VW is the worst. The dealer that I used to take my car to (Koons Volkswagen in Marlow Heights) closed without warning. The technicians were unprofessional but it was very close to my house. They never wanted to fix recall items (oil sludge) but had to b/c I kept on them. Now, here it is my car is at 110,000 and all of a sudden it starts running hot. Checked coolant and there is plenty. Oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles. It ran hot on July 3rd the day b/f my bday and brown sludge was leaking out. Not sure from where. Had it towed to my house and it sat until today when I dropped it off at another VW dealership. I am praying that it is not too major. I want this car to last at least another 3-5 yrs. I do not want another car note but when the time comes I will NEVER get another VW. They are good the first year or so but there is always some recall or problem. Pray for me!!!

- , Temple Hills, MD, USA