2002 Volkswagen Passat cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat:

2002 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jul 092007

Passat 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Volkswagen Passat. While driving 70 mph, the vehicle began to overheat and smoke. The contact pulled off the road, waited until the vehicle cooled down, and drove to the nearest dealer. The mechanic stated that the primary fan had burned out. He also stated that it was a very common failure with his model of vehicle. The current and failure mileages were 58,300. Updated 02-01-08 updated 02/01/08

- Lakeville, MN, USA

Nov 282001

Passat 4-cyl

I purchased my 2002 volks Passat gls. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. My radio quit, I had the speakers replaced twice, I had the heater blower motor replaced, I had the ignition coils replaced 3 times (recall), wv campaign (recall), sludge in the engine (recall), the right wheel tire hull reinforced (recall). I have talked with Volkswagen corporate office and have an active complaint number. Their customer service is terrible both at the corporate and dealer level. The Volkswagen dealer in auburn, wa is inept and has put the wrong oil in the my car 2 times. I would like volkwagen to buy-back my car or give me a life-time warranty on the car. Any ideas? there have been too many incidents to list just one. It has been an ongoing problem.

- Des Moines, WA, USA

Jan 212003

Check engine light illuminated and dealer stated engine coil needed replacing.

- Cleveland, OH, USA