2003 Volkswagen Passat AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Passat:

2003 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Apr 092008

Passat 6-cyl

My air condition has been on the fritz so to speak for the last year, I thought it was my imagination. This passed week when I turned it on full blast all that was coming out is warm air. I took the car into VW dealership they repaired two leaks they said, when trying it out a few days later the air was blasting warm air once again. I took it back and now they are telling me the evaporator needs to be replaced costing me $1,700. How could this happen to a car that is not even 5 years old yet. I am very disappointed.

- Union City, NJ, USA

Sep 022005

Passat 8-cyl

A/C doesn't always come one went the engine is started. It blows but not cool air. I can pull back off the highway, shut the engine off and restart and it works fine. I have had it into the dealership repeatedly. The have seen the problem but can't seem to resolve it.

- Magnolia, TX, USA