6.0

2003 Volkswagen Passat steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Passat:

2003 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

May 142007

Passat GLX 2.8L V6

My steering became very stiff and difficult. While in for normal service I asked for it to be checked and they found that the power steering pump was defective. After the repair it seemed much easier, but now it has become stiff again and I suspect the steering pump will be found defective again at 29,600 miles. While it still will be covered by my warranty till the end of this month, I am tired of having so many problems with this car. I am also on my second fuel pump replacement after my car totally stopping on a major interstate because of bad brushes in the fuel pump which was subsequently the basis for a recall. Because mine failed and was replaced before the recall, I had to bring the car in again for another replacement of the same part. I thought VWs were a quality product but I'm having more than second thoughts now.

- , Woodlyn, PA, USA