4.2

2005 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Volkswagen Passat:

2005 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Feb 192006

Passat 4-cyl Diesel

The front and rear seat belts on the left side of my Passat are defective. The drivers belt has been 'lazy' in retracting from time to time but it's 'normal' now. However, my left rear seat belt has been laying detracted on my seat for about 3 months now simply because nobody ever sits back there and I'm always driving this car for work. By reading message board such as www.tdiclub.com this is a very common complaint for the 2004 and 2005 VW Passat. Tomorrow morning I am going to make an appointment with my local VW for every seat belt in this car to be replaced. If they do not comply I will follow up with another complaint with the NHTSA. This needs to be a recall!

- Stockbridge, GA, USA