2005 Volkswagen Passat wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Volkswagen Passat:

2005 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jul 192006

Passat 4-cyl

Going home from work near dusk on the freeway, my car began to veer to the left then the right making it very difficult to control the car. I had never experienced any problems with the car (only a year and a half old) so I had no idea what it could be. I began to get very nervous especially with trailer trucks driving near me. As I began to pull over I heard a loud noise come from the rear passenger side. Once stopped, I quickly went to inspect the passenger side where I saw that my tire had completely separated from the tread. At this point, I really got scared just thinking of what could have happened to me if I had completely lost control. The good thing is that I am usually a safe driver. I assume that if I were driving in excess of speed I would not be here now. After ten minutes of recovery, I proceeded to change the tire. I was near a sam's so I decided to see if I could have someone look at the tire and have it changed but it was late (8 pm) and they were closed.

- El Paso, TX, USA