2007 Volkswagen Passat engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Passat:

2007 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Aug 042007

Passat 6-cyl

On hot days engine RPM's raise substantially, to the ~1K RPM range. Almost like it's racing. This also makes it difficult to hold the car stopped when this occurs.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 042007

Passat 6-cyl

The engine stopped without any explanation in the high speed lane ( full tank of gas) while I was driving on I-91. I could not start engine again on freeway. Fortunately, we didn't have an accident. Aaa and police came there within five minutes and we could get off the freeway by towing. Before stopping, the check engine light and epc lights came on. My car is very new. I've just driven my car only for two weeks. The mileage of my car is about 900 miles.

- Cypress, CA, USA