2007 Volkswagen Passat fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Passat:

2007 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

May 212013

Passat 4-cyl

My VW Passat 2007 stalls and/or does not start. It has stalled while driving on the freeway and then sometimes does not start at all. Sometimes if tried after a while it may start. I'm told it is a high pressure fuel valve problem that is part of a recall but my VIN does not qualify for that.

- Plano, TX, USA

Aug 302010

My 2007 Passat 2.0T wagon car has developed a symptom when the RPM goes over 3000 specially when I need acceleration and it cuts of the power (fuel or something else I don't know, there is a tsb regarding to cam shaft lobe wear this is the exact symptom I have) the mil comes on with a code 2293. I went to the dealer and they say Y vehicle is over warranty mileage and they will not cover it. I noticed many people are having the exact same issue on the internet and when driving on the highway this is a serious safety issue since the engine power cuts off. By the definition of the tsb this is apparently a manufacturing defect they even release an updated part and advise the dealers to use the updated part. I like many others are forced to pay a hefty repair sum just after couple thousand miles over warranty period. In my opinion VW needs to issue a recall on this issue.

- Streamwood, IL, USA

Nov 032009

Coil pack cracked after 45,000 miles and caught fire. I caught it in time and was able to put out. Replaced coil pack and any damaged wires associated with the fire.

- Columbia, CT, USA

Jan 092009

2007 Volkswagen Passat. Engine started knocking so I had it towed to the dealer. It ended up needing a new engine because the high pressure fuel pump plunger failed and sent metal into the engine destroying it. VW refuses to pay for it.

- Denver, CO, USA