2007 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Passat:

2007 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Mar 212015

My engine light came on while driving as I noticed the engine louder than normal. I was out of town and was able to make it home safely. I took the vehicle in and had it tested and came up with a code of P0445, P0442 emissions small leak. I had the vehicle repaired that cost me $752. In this cost they told me I needed to replace the gas cap. I had the gas cap replaced in 2014. They replaced it at this time in 2015. This gas cap would loosen on its own even after turning the cap until I heard it click. In may the light came on again with vehicle running the same way. I took it in again and the code tested the same. I took the vehicle back in a second time and this time a code came up different however with the same "emissions small leak. This time I was charged $545 for repairs. Two days later the engine light comes on again. I purchased another gas cap because the gas cap light kept coming on. I repeat my previous steps and come up with the same code of P0442, P0456 small emissions leak. In comparison from the first time I had the vehicle repaired and the second there has been a difference in the gas mileage I receive and how frequent I have to refill at the pump. But the engine light is still on and the problem is still not fixed. Updated 9/15/15

- Dumfries, VA, USA

Jul 102010

Passat 4-cyl

Excessive external car noise while idle. Loud noise in motor area when starting car. Nothing can be done according to reydel Volkswagen dealership and shrewsbury Volkswagen dealership. I have researched and found other customers have complained about this same issue and has not been handled by Volkswagen corporation.

- Fords, NJ, USA

Jun 012010

The car would not start. Took multiple attempts. Dealer replaced a module. Problem reoccurred. Dealer replaced relay. Problem reoccurred. Dealer now needs to replace entire steering rack for $2,000, but car is out of warranty and VW will not cover. Many owners are having similar problems.

- Guilford, CT, USA