8.0

2008 Volkswagen Passat engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volkswagen Passat:

2008 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jul 152011

Passat 2.0t

These cars consume a significant amount of 100% synthetic oil between every oil change. Per the mfr 1 quart per 1200 miles is absolutely acceptable. Please heed the warning since the oil changes are already $100+/-, you wil have to add anywhere from $20-$60 of additional oil between oil changes and VW is A OK with that and will do NOTHING to correct it. I have read that rings should be replaced, difference between an FSI and TSI motor. But my dealership never agreeed with any of this. This is "normal". Beware, these vehicles already require Premium gas, premium priced oil changes and now show unreliability by eating up to 50% of their oil between changes. Don't know about you, but that added to my monthly car payment is just too thick for my blood.

- , Vine Grove, KY, USA