2010 Volkswagen Passat body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Passat:

2010 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jun 012010

I recently purchased a 2010 VW Passat which has a chrome bezel around the shifter. The chrome bezel reflects light into the driver's eyes when the sun is directly over head blinding the driver during vehicle operation. I contacted the VW help desk about 10 days and filed a complaint. I received a phone call from VW yesterday and they told me not enough people have complained about this problem. I have also contacted the dealership who seemed to be pretty receptive in getting this matter resolved. They ordered a new black on black shifter which was the only other replacement part and it is the same one that I currently have. Please contact me for I have several photos which demonstrate this potentially deadly design flaw.

- Mclean , VA, USA