4.0

2010 Volkswagen Passat fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Passat:

2010 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

May 272014

Passat 4-cyl

I just brought my 2010 VW Passat to the dealer to investigate why my gas take has trouble filling. They told me that the vent system in the tank failed and that I would need to replace the whole tank to fix it. This car is only 4 years old and the tank should not have failed. I'm not sure if it's also a safety issue if I keep driving it. I also believe that this should be the responsibility of VW.

- Franklin, MA, USA

May 082012

Passat 4-cyl

Incorrect fuel tank installed from factory.

- East Elmhurst, NY, USA

Apr 252012

Passat 4-cyl

I wanted to replace the fuel cap for my 2010 VW Passat. I ordered part number 3C0201550N which belongs to my vehicle. The fuel cap does not fit. I looked at the cap that is installed on the vehicle and got part number 1J0-201-553 off the fuel cap that is on the car. I contacted a VW dealership parts department and they told me that this part 1J0-201-553 is for a VW golf or a VW jetta and is for a diesel engine car. I do not have a diesel engine I have a gasoline engine. I called VW customer service about this problem because I am worried that this could be a safety issue and they didn't understand what I was telling them. I am worried that the fuel tank and or the pipe that leads to the fuel tank is not properly installed or the incorrect one for the vehicle and Volkswagen does not seem to be worried about the safety of me or others that might have the same issue.

- East Elmhurst, NY, USA