4.3

2010 Volkswagen Passat suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Passat:

2010 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Apr 102013

Passat 4-cyl

My wife bought a 2008 touareg from a local dealer with about 16,000 miles on it and she seldom drives the vehicle (to and from work). After about 3 or 4K miles the tires began to make alot of noise. I noted feathering/cupping only on the inside rear tires. The tires with new ones and after about 8,000 miles (w/rotations) the rear tires began to feather?cup again. I have a 2010 Passat that has the same exact problem. When the tires begin to feather/cup the noise sounds like snow tires.this is the rear tires only and on the inside tread. I can't rotate the tires cause when you do, it sounds like one is running on all flat tires.I checked the web and there is thousands of complaints about this problem and of course VW denies any wrongdoing. I believe its a rear gear-box, or axle problem. I have spoke to many VW owners 07 thru 2010 and most have the same problem, while only a few do not. I believe a recall is on order. VW engineers should be ashamed for allowing this defect to leave their factories and Volkswagen to you I say..not built to last!

- South Weber, UT, USA