2012 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Passat:

2012 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Aug 222016

Passat

Takata recall trying to sell our volkswagon Passat 2012 at our local Chevy dealer on 8/22/2016. Was notified by Chevy dealer that the airbags are on recall. We had no idea our airbags were not safe and under a recall. We were told they can not re-sell this car and we basically can only receive wholesale value for it. We were never notified by volkswagon that we had a recall. Called local volkswagon dealership and they cant replace because none are available. This is not acceptable!! this car is not safe. We need to get the bags replaced or volkswagon should provide a safe car for us to use until they can replace the bags.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Nov 012012

Passat

Takata recall: VW could care less if I get killed. My lease is up in Oct 2016 and they still won't fix this airbag but doesn't mind me driving a product that is unsafe. Execute the corporate heads so that others get the message.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Aug 172016

Passat

Takata recall. I've known about the recall since February 2016. It is now August. The dealership will not give me a loner. My wife and I don't fell safe driving the car.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 012014

Passat

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. While operating the vehicle, the air bag sensor light illuminated and all the other electronics on the steering wheel would not operate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag clock spring was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred after approximately 34,000 miles. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000. Updated 10/04/16

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jul 212016

Passat

Takata recall. Recently I submitted a request for reimbursement for funds related to the airbag recall. The request was turned down by VW. They stated that there have been no incidents of airbag failures and said replacing the airbags will be precautionary. Obviously they don't feel they need to be "timely" about this. I feel they are just stalling. I did spend $726.40 on an auto train when I first heard about the recall because I was afraid to drive the car. I feel VW has no intention to repair the car.

- New Haven, CT, USA

Apr 222016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Feb 092016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact sated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cleveland Heiights, OH, USA

Aug 052016

Passat

Takata recall. No remedy listed.

- San Leon, TX, USA

Aug 052016

Passat

Takata recall this recall was initiated in February of 2016. It is now August and VW still reports that they are not able to do the repair.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 012016

Passat

Takata recall spoke with VW customer advocate asked for a loaner vehicle and was refused. Was unable to provide any info when and if parts will be available.

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

Aug 042016

Passat

Safety recall 69M9 NHTSA 16V078 repair not yet available. Should I wait till I get disfigured or die from the explosion to sue VW. This is so much more urgent than air polution forgery case. I live in ca where it gets very hot. Should I get airbag removed to avoid risk of explosion. I purchased this car used a year ago.

- Davis, CA, USA

Feb 102016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Oldsmar, FL, USA

Apr 302016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V078000 (air bags) and 16V171000 (electrical system); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Feb 102016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V078000 (air bags) and 15V483000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Etowah, TN, USA

Jun 282016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 222016

Passat

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jun 222016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Plymouth, IN, USA

Jun 072016

Passat

Takata recall...VW says they don't have the part to fix this but they want to get paid on their lease but the car is not safe to drive. Why can't you get them to fix this, my lease will be over before when I won't have to worry about this but someone else will.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jun 022016

Passat

Airbag light on, check engine light on.

- Pasco, WA, USA

Apr 152016

Passat

Takata recall I am in upper management with enterprise rent a car and I have personally worked with hundreds of people who are dropping their cars off at the Honda dealerships because they are unsafe to drive. I have listened to the stories of the 12+ deaths that have occurred from these airbags from the mouths of people who are so thankful to get a safe rental car until their car can be fixed. I have spoken with GM's at the dealerships about this recall and I truly understand the scope and the seriousness of this situation. You can imagine how shocked I was to find out that not only was my wife's VW a part of the takata recall but that VW was not providing loaner cars for their customers with effected vehicles. I essentially received a letter in the mail that said "your car has a grenade in the steering wheel that could kill you. We currently don't have a way to fix this but we will let you know when we do. Keep driving until you hear from us." When I called VW customer service to find out how on earth they could justify not providing safe transportation like the other auto manufacturers were I was told that no one has died in a VW yet, they have all been Honda. Essentially they are waiting for someone to die before they bite the bullet and foot the bill for safe replacements? I think it's clear that VW is rolling the dice and trying to avoid another massive expenditure while it's still reeling financially from its emissions scandal.

- Louisville, KY, USA