2012 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Passat:

2012 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Apr 302016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V078000 (air bags) and 16V171000 (electrical system); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Feb 102016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V078000 (air bags) and 15V483000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Etowah, TN, USA

Jun 282016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 222016

Passat

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jun 222016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Plymouth, IN, USA

Jun 072016

Passat

Takata recall...VW says they don't have the part to fix this but they want to get paid on their lease but the car is not safe to drive. Why can't you get them to fix this, my lease will be over before when I won't have to worry about this but someone else will.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Passat

Airbag light on, check engine light on.

- Pasco, WA, USA

Apr 152016

Passat

Takata recall I am in upper management with enterprise rent a car and I have personally worked with hundreds of people who are dropping their cars off at the Honda dealerships because they are unsafe to drive. I have listened to the stories of the 12+ deaths that have occurred from these airbags from the mouths of people who are so thankful to get a safe rental car until their car can be fixed. I have spoken with GM's at the dealerships about this recall and I truly understand the scope and the seriousness of this situation. You can imagine how shocked I was to find out that not only was my wife's VW a part of the takata recall but that VW was not providing loaner cars for their customers with effected vehicles. I essentially received a letter in the mail that said "your car has a grenade in the steering wheel that could kill you. We currently don't have a way to fix this but we will let you know when we do. Keep driving until you hear from us." When I called VW customer service to find out how on earth they could justify not providing safe transportation like the other auto manufacturers were I was told that no one has died in a VW yet, they have all been Honda. Essentially they are waiting for someone to die before they bite the bullet and foot the bill for safe replacements? I think it's clear that VW is rolling the dice and trying to avoid another massive expenditure while it's still reeling financially from its emissions scandal.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Passat

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. While driving 5 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact stated that the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 15V483000 (air bags), but the remedy for the recall failed to repair the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the air bag warning light illuminated after the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and was willing to repair the vehicle. The failure mileage was 41,500.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Passat

Takata recall a couple months ago I had recall 15V483000 completed on my 2012 Passat. I was experiencing electrical issues such as cruise control not working, wipers turning on for no reason. It seemed to be connected to the steering column since both of these features are connected to the steering column. After the recall was completed no further issues until today. I made a U-turn and my airbag light came on and hasn't went off sense. I'm concerned after reading about shrapnel and airbag deployment.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

May 312016

- Alexandria, VA, USA

May 272016

Passat

Takata recall- my husband and I took our VW Passat that has an emissions recall and takata recall and they said that the manufacture doesn't think that this is a big deal. The manufacture refuses to provide a loaner for our vehicle. They said that it is perfectly safe to drive. How can some manufactures put other customers in loaners because of the same recall and tell them not to drive and others say its not a big deal. I do not trust Volkswagen since we were also affected by their emissions recall. Can you please clarify and what the next step should be. We did have an appointment to get all recalls on this vehicle addressed and to get parts ordered. At this point recall notices are like monthly statements.

- Louisville, KY, USA

May 152016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. While driving approximately 45 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front driver side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained neck and back pains that required medical treatment. The contact heard an abnormal noise after the impact and a substance emitted into the vehicle. The vehicle was towed by the insurance company for inspection. The contact's VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags), but the contact had not yet been notified. The failure mileage was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 162016

Passat

Takata recall I am filing a complaint based off of a recall notice that I received from Volkswagen. The recall # is 69M9. The letter states that metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants. However, at this time they are not repairing the recalled vehicles until enough repair parts are produced. Volkswagen refuses to provide me in writing that my car is "safe" to drive.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Jan 132016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the parts needed were not available. The contact believed that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was contacted and the manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Jul 012015

Passat

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V078000 (air bags) and 15V483000 (air bags) was received in July of 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Capital Hieghts, MD, USA

Apr 062016

Passat

Takata air bags I just want to know how in the crap the VW people can get away with recalling these cars for faulty equipment that can cause "serious injury or death to occupants" and be so damn irresponsible with the lives of others. There is not time table for repairs so we don't know how long we will be subjected to "serious injury or death". someone in our government should step up and defend us from these money hungry jerks. Why issue the recall if they are not able to make repairs. I talked with a VW "customer care" representative and he told me my vehicle was perfectly safe to drive yet I have been "warned" a malfunction could lead to "serious injury or death". what are those of us who need our cars to survive to do? VW offers no loaner car or rental assistance. I think this is crap and if I die because of some defective foreign part I hope someone in charge takes notice so others will not.

- Mars, PA, USA

Feb 092016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Livingston Manor, NY, USA

May 052016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part was not available. The contact believed that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

May 042016

Passat

Takata recall why is VW being allowed to drag their feet. I was first notified months ago and still they say no remedy. And yet, other manufacturers have logged over 8 million repairs. I keep getting notices and yet no repair is available. How can I feel safe driving my vehicle?

- St Louis, MO, USA