2012 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Passat:

2012 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Feb 022016

Passat

Takata recall there has been no remedy for this issue and it has been nearly a year.

- Fort Mitchell, KY, USA

Jan 132017

Passat

Takata airbag inflator recall. Still no remedy has been communicated to me.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 132017

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Jan 012016

Passat

Takata recall. I cannot sell my car unless this is fixed! I am stuck with a dangerous car.

- Mentor, OH, USA

Aug 012012

Passat

I went to have an appraisal done on my car and I was told the driver side air bag was defected, and I don't feel safe driving a car that could cause harm to me. (in case of emergency.)

- Burlington, NC, USA

Feb 022016

Passat

Takata recall. I received a notice in the mail almost a year ago and the company has not sent me any information about fixing this dangerous airbag issue. I stopped by a local dealer and they said they are not aware of any fix coming soon. I think a year seems like a very long time to be driving one of their products that has a known issue which could endanger one's life. What do you think?

- Bettendorf, IA, USA

Feb 012016

Passat

Takata recall. Driver frontal airbag takata sdi inflators - no remedy available no remedy or repair yet available. This recall has been ongoing since February 2016, but they still do not have the replacement airbags available? I believe its now well past a timely manner. I am afraid to drive my car.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Dec 152016

Passat

Takata recall- was notified 4/16. Still no remedy available. Now airbag causing a malfunction and don't have front passanger airbag too or horn because of it. Very unsafe to drive. How long do I have to wait for the fix?

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 092016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- East Northport, NY, USA

Jul 252016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Jan 032017

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Apr 012016

Passat

Takata recall - takata sdi driver frontal airbag recall letter received April 2016 and nothing done 8 months later. Can't get answer from dealer or anyone about repairs needed or how much longer we have to wait.

- Tarpon Springs, FL, USA

Dec 212016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Rochester, MA, USA

Apr 012016

- Freeland, MI, USA

Dec 122016

Passat

Takata recall. This has been a recall for 10 months now. How long do they legally have to fix this?

- Abilene, TX, USA

Mar 012016

Passat

I received a recall notice in the mail for the airbag. I have called and visited VW dealers and was told that the airbag replacement isn't available as of yet.

- Alvin, TX, USA

Feb 092016

Passat

"takata recall" nothing has happened yet, but I'm scared to death each time I get into my car. I'm a nervous wreck. Since February 9th when I got the first notice. Why am I having to put my life in danger each time I drive. This is unacceptable. What can anone do to rectify this problem and it a big one for this 76 year old widow?

- Murphys, CA, USA

Dec 012016

Passat

Takata recall. Told by dealership replacement may not be available un til the second quarter of next year. I am a seniorcitizen and fearful of driving my car. I also babysit my infant granddaughter and need to have her in my car I would be distraute if anything would happen while drivi ng. I believe waiting until who knows when is unacceptable. I am putting my life in jeapardy each time I drive.

- Grove City, OH, USA

Dec 092016

Passat

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Poplar Globe, IL, USA

Dec 022016

Passat

Takata recall recall was issued Feb 2016 as to this date VW has not made any repairs nor do they even know when and if repairs are to be made! VW dealer has no idea of when anything will be done and says they are not going to fix airbags!

- Winter Springs, FL, USA