3.0

2013 Volkswagen Passat accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Passat:

2013 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jan 012016

Passat

The defrost is only working on the drivers side of the windshield and it only blows cold air on the passenger's side of car. The right side of the windshield frosts up while driving in cold weather.

- Maplewood, MN, USA

Feb 132016

Passat

The heater core in my car has become clogged and is now failing to produce heat for inside the car and in turn is failing to defrost the windows when the temperature drops and it is raining. I have read many cases from online forums about this same problem. The heater cores in these cars should not be failing already.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Jan 052016

Passat

No heat coming from the passenger side of the car. This was found out while driving to work on a very cold day and not having the defrost working very well on the passenger side. Taking it to the dealer confirmed that the heater core is clogged and needs to be replaced. This was a month ago. I found out that the parts were back ordered and that I was #502 in line for a replacement.

- Holland, MI, USA

Jan 102016

Passat

The heater core in my car has become clogged and is now failing to produce heat for inside the car and in turn is failing to defrost the windows when they become fogged. I have read many cases from online forums about this same problem. I contacted VW customer care and they advised they cannot help with the problem. My car has 50,000 miles on it and the heater cores in these cars should not be failing already. The problem happens while in motion and while stationary.

- Mason, OH, USA

Feb 172015

Passat

2013 VW Passat tdi sel.car still under manufacture warranty. My windshield cracked yesterday for no reason when temperature drop. Windshield crack due to structural defect.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Sep 182014

Passat

Heated side mirrors will not turn on when the temperature is over 68 degrees. In houston, it's often over 68 degrees, and mirrors will fog over. The side mirrors are useless when they're fogged over, and could easily cause an accident due to the lack of visibility.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 102013

Passat 4-cyl Diesel

After driving for an hour I made a stop for about 30 minutes. I was returning to my vehicle when a noticed blue fluid coming from under the engine on the passenger side. I took the vehicle to a Volkswagen dealer about 3 miles away. After the dealer inspected the vehicle they found "hose connector near pump leaking washer fluid". the dealer replaced the hose connector. Not leaking at this time. I have since returned the vehicle to the dealer for other issues I'm experiencing with this vehicle that wasn't present during my test drive and I am filing separate complains for those issues because im being told that these are normal characteristics of the vehicle. When I purchased the vehicle it only had 38 miles. Current mileage 1900 miles.

- New Carrollton , MD, USA