2013 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Passat:

2013 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments (Page 2 of 7)

Sep 222016

Passat

Takata recall- I have contacted Volkswagen about this recall and they said there is no remedy, but my life means much more to me than a delayed remedy of a life threatening factor. When I agreed to drive my car it was found safe to drive, but I or anyone can say that anymore. I'd like to take my car to a dealership and trade with a safe vehicle where me and my family can ride. Please help.

- Miami, FL, USA

- Parkland, FL, USA

Sep 242016

Passat

The contact owned a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. While proceeding to stop at a red light, the vehicle independently accelerated when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle failed to stop and crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags deployed and scrap metal passed through the rear driver side passenger. A police report was filed. The contact sustained severe injuries to the hand and the passenger sustained a broken rib. Medical attention was required. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The parts to remedy the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 27,000.....updated 11/09/16

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Apr 012016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 092016

Passat

Needs replacement of driver airbag inflator ( defective).

- Kew Gardens, NY, USA

Oct 142016

Passat

Takata recall - I bought a certified preowned Volkswagen Passat 2013. Dealer or manufacturer should provide the takata airbag fix asap. If they dont have eta, they should provide a replacement car, which is safe.

- Marlton, NJ, USA

- Middleboro, MA, USA

Mar 082016

Passat

The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Butler, PA, USA

Dec 012015

Passat

Airbag light is on. Control on steering wheel doesn't work.

- Freeport, NY, USA

Apr 152016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced any failures. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Apr 012016

Passat

"takata recall". I received a letter about the recall in April 2016 and have called the dealer twice and they do not have the parts to repair this problem.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Oct 012016

Passat

Takata inflators despite the fact that I received a notice regarding this recall months ago, there is still no available resolution. I feel uncomfortable, vulnerable and unsafe every time I get in my car. I do not allow passengers in my car due to this issue. Aside from the uneasiness I continually feel, this has created much inconvenience.

- Longview, TX, USA

May 012016

Passat

Takata recall - it's been months since I was first notified. The dealership keeps telling me I have to wait until I get a second letter from takata. This is unacceptable as I drive this vehicle 80+ miles a day.

- Shawnee, KS, USA

Sep 232016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. The dealer informed the contact that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V078000 (air bags) and 15V483000 (air bags). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The manufacturer stated that nothing could be done and advised the contact to call NHTSA. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Jemison, AL, USA

Feb 102016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Green Cove Spring, FL, USA

Jun 022016

Passat

I had lease this car with the intention to purchase for the residual value, since my wife and my self are retired and we can not afford to keep spending money, during 36 month I made my payments and kept my part of the agreement, now Volkswagen dealer claims that they cannot sale the auto due to been recalled. Now when its time for Volkswagen to comply with there part of the agreement, they refuse to do it, attached is a letter from the dealer telling me that they have a buyer for my vehicle, but they cannot sale to me. This is a fraudulent type of letter.

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 052016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- West Grove, PA, USA

Passat

"takata recal" I cannot use the car due to the fact that I or any passengers my be killed in any deployment of the airbag potentially. I am awaiting the tdi buyback but would like to use the car with confidence and safety. The dealer says "don't get in an accident" don't worry we haven't had any reports of death.

- Parkland, FL, USA

Feb 012016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) weeks after owning the vehicle. The dealer stated that the remedy and parts were unavailable for over seven months. The dealer did not offer a loaner vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Sep 162016

Passat

The contact owned a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. While driving 45 mph, the passenger side of the contact's vehicle was struck by another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a body shop. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 110,000.

- Mount Dora, FL, USA