2014 Volkswagen Passat suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Passat:

2014 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Oct 242014

After owning the vehicle for approximately a week I realized what I thought was a slight inconvenience turns out to be a major visibility issue. I had noticed shortly after purchasing the vehicle that in congested traffic the interior rearview mirror causes blind spots. At first I noticed that this was blocking the upper sections of most sedan type vehicles. However on the date in question I was in major traffic there was a delivery truck with a higher road clearance. This vehicle began moving left into my lane. That is when I noticed that the interior rear view mirror was blocking my ability to see the tail lights and turn signal lights on the rear of the delivery truck. After noticing this issue I took greater concern when driving and looking at the visibility. Then on the 27th while driving to a local park the interior rear view mirror only allowed me to see about a small portion of their lower torso. The cyclist was in the bike lane just off my front passenger tire. This was still the issue when the cyclist was slightly ahead of my car. If the cyclist had signaled he was merging into my lane for the upcoming intersection I would not have been able to see the hand signal. Luckily because I know there is a blind spot basically in front my car I was able to avoid any incident. These issues would normally not be an issue as most rear view mirrors have both the ability to tilt (up, down, left, right) however also can be moved around two inches upward, downward, left and right. This is due to the ball joints at both the upper and lower (base) of the interior rear view mirror. However on a number of VW vehicles they do not have the lower (base) ball joint. Thus I am unable to position the internal rearview mirror to an appropriate location. Hopefully I can have this resolved before an accident occurs.

- San Diego, CA, USA