2016 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Volkswagen Passat:

2016 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jan 122016

Passat

My 2016 Volkswagen passet SE model car applies the brakes while in motion on its own. This has occurred 6 timed over the past 7 months. I bought this vehicle on December 12 2015. It is getting worse each time. One time it happened as I was about 100 feet from a intersection. No one was in front of me. I was the only one on the road at the time. I was during the day and then all of a sudden the break applied. Really scared me. Another time it happened approaching railroad tracks. This time the brakes applied really hard. It was bad every thing flew around the car. A couple of times I heard a beeping noise. Like a warning beep. There is a illuminated car on a curvy rad on the dash when this happens. This is a very dangerous car. I am afraid this will happen when I am driving at high rates of speed. I have contacted VW about this issue and they do not seem very concerned. I am shocked at there outcome. It has been in the shop for 3 weeks now. I took it in on June 22 2016. They want me to pick up on July 12 2016. It has been there 3 weeks. I am very afraid of the vehicle please help me with this issue. Like I said earlier in this note. It has happened 6 times and will continue to happen. VW told me that it will continue to happen. Please make them recall this issue.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

May 052016

Passat

I was slowing down and pulling into a parking spot in front of a restaurant for lunch. My 2016 VW passt V6 suddenly swirled to the left, jumped over curbs, and busted all four tires because of the impact. Towed to the dealer and was told that I could stepped on gas instead of break ot it could be the parking assistance took over the control of the car. When they replaced my tires, , they found an open record/campaign as described "96D6 2016-05-04 w-update - park assist and blind spot detection (nvlw)." I am not sure what this record means. Is it related to my incident" I wonder if anyone could help me understand this"

- Oceanside, CA, USA