2006 Volkswagen Rabbit drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Rabbit:

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Owner Comments

Jul 172009

I had suspected that my dual mass flywheel on my manual 2006 Rabbit w/ 24K was beginning to fail because I heard/felt something shaking around in the bell housing of the vehicle 1 out 10 times that I would depress the clutch pedal in 1st gear. The shake had been present since I bought the car but in the past year it had gotten progressively worse. So I was on my way to the dealership when my car began shifting poorly. The gear would engage right when I lifted my foot off the clutch pedal. It would not go into 2nd gear. The car would shake and vibrate at idle and make a tick over noise with engine revs up. As my shifts got worse and worse I decided to take the next exit and find a safe spot to stop the car. I had the car towed in the rest of the way. The dealer dropped the transmission and found my dual mass flywheel was stinking and it had also shredded the center bushing in the middle of the flywheel. Both the clutch disc and pressure showed no damage and the vwoa replaced my dual mass flywheel under warranty because it had shown no signs of abuse like heat spots or clutch dust.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Jan 072007

Rabbit 5-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Volkswagen Rabbit. When starting off from a stopped position and the consumer steps on the accelerator, the vehicle moves forward about ten feet and then dies no response from the accelerator. In the same position as when starting from a stopped position. The car stays in hesitation mode for a period of 2-5 seconds, then the vehicle would accelerator rapidly. The failure mileage was 6,000 and current mileage was 37,000. Updated 02-18-09 updated 02/18/09.

- Sebring, FL, USA