2. VW diagnoses with a different problem 3 times (1 reports)
2009 Volkswagen Routan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Routan:

2009 Volkswagen Routan Owner Comments

Jan 272016

Routan SEL

As with most Routan Owners, I have the ignition problem. The stalling and losing power steering. However, I drove the several hours to a dealership this summer (2015) and they fixed it. It was a hassle, but I handled it.

With in 2 months the problem returned. I called VW, they stated they didn't know what could be doing it since they completed the recall. hmmm...

Well, this morning while running carpool, yes my kids and other neighborhood kids, the engine stalled on a 90 degree hair pin corner. I lost power steering and we crashed. Luckily this was at incredibly low speed due to the nature of the turn, but a crash is a crash. How fortunate that there was a historic hand pump well and monument to stop us. Sarcasm!

I hate this Van, it is always broken. I hate VW for pretending it isn't.

- , Belfast, ME, USA

Jun 072012

Routan SEL V6

I AM FURIOUS>>>VW CORPORATE DOES NOT CARE THAT THE CAR HAS SEIZED AND SHUT OFF WHILE DRIVING 3 SMALL CHILDREN, 3 SEPARATE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUDSON VALLEY VW, OUR LOCAL DEALER, WHERE THE CAR WAS PURCHASED DOESN'T EITHER. DO NOT BUY A ROUTAN. IN FACT VW STOPPED MAKING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Wappingers Falls, NY, USA