9.0

$1,350.00

2. replace TIPM (1 reports)
  3. VW diagnoses with a different problem 3 times (1 reports)
2009 Volkswagen Routan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Routan:

2009 Volkswagen Routan Owner Comments

Dec 292016

Routan Highline 4.0L V6

We have already had the ignition recall fixed so this problem is new. We will be driving and all of the sudden the traction control light comes on and the vehicle loses power completely. It's happened twice and I have to pull over with my emergency lights on. Both times I've put it in park and turned the vehicle off. It starts again fine and all lights are off upon restarting. Both times I've been able to finish driving but this is super obnoxious. From research online it sounds like it could be a faulty TIPM issue. We are phoning the dealership tomorrow but I really hope this can be repaired because and this doesn't seem safe at ALL. This doesn't seem like the same problem we had with the ignition interlock recall problem, but the symptoms are similar. When that was happening all the lights would flash and the power steering would lock up. That doesn't seem to happen with this issue, only the traction control light comes on but no other lights.

- , Taber, Alberta, canada

Oct 192016

Routan SEL 4.0L

This is a safety issue. The Routan turned off multiple times while driving. The lights turned off as well as all things electric. I had to put it in neutral and restart the van. Luckily at least for now, it started right up again. This issue could cause an accident or even death if not corrected. VW should absolutely place a recall on affected models and get these things corrected before someone does get hurt.

- , Honolulu, HI, USA

Jan 272016

Routan SEL

As with most Routan Owners, I have the ignition problem. The stalling and losing power steering. However, I drove the several hours to a dealership this summer (2015) and they fixed it. It was a hassle, but I handled it.

With in 2 months the problem returned. I called VW, they stated they didn't know what could be doing it since they completed the recall. hmmm...

Well, this morning while running carpool, yes my kids and other neighborhood kids, the engine stalled on a 90 degree hair pin corner. I lost power steering and we crashed. Luckily this was at incredibly low speed due to the nature of the turn, but a crash is a crash. How fortunate that there was a historic hand pump well and monument to stop us. Sarcasm!

I hate this Van, it is always broken. I hate VW for pretending it isn't.

- , Belfast, ME, USA

Jun 072012

Routan SEL V6

I AM FURIOUS>>>VW CORPORATE DOES NOT CARE THAT THE CAR HAS SEIZED AND SHUT OFF WHILE DRIVING 3 SMALL CHILDREN, 3 SEPARATE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUDSON VALLEY VW, OUR LOCAL DEALER, WHERE THE CAR WAS PURCHASED DOESN'T EITHER. DO NOT BUY A ROUTAN. IN FACT VW STOPPED MAKING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Wappingers Falls, NY, USA