1.8

2010 Volkswagen Routan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Routan:

2010 Volkswagen Routan Owner Comments

May 042015

Routan

In April 2015 the check engine light came on in my 2010 VW Routan, maybe a week or so later it started to stall while I was driving it. I took it to an import dealer locally to have it looked at and was told that the egr valve was bad. They replaced it, which cost me $400, and put a new gas cap on it. In July the engine light came on again, had the codes run at a parts store and it was the egr valve again. Took it back to the shop that did the first repair because it still had a parts and labor warrantee with them. They replaced it again. Now, in September, my engine light is on again and again it says it's the egr valve. I have called the shop to get it in to be repaired again, waiting on a call back. This issue is quite scary because it has and probably will again stall out on the highway causing me to have to try to pull over and put it in neutral to restart it. I called VW customer care and was told that I would need to take it to a VW dealership at my own cost to have it diagnosed, and basically tell me what I already know, I am not spending another $400 to replace this valve when I have already done that once this year. Because I refuse to pay for repairs that are covered under the original shop warrantee VW refuses to do anything or even acknowledge that this is an issue.

- Olathe, KS, USA