3.1

2011 Volkswagen Routan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Routan:

2011 Volkswagen Routan Owner Comments

Nov 022016

Routan

The van hesitates to start. It has turned off by itself while driving. The blinkers (right and left) sometimes work. The hazard lights sometimes work. The ac comes on and then comes off. We are the original owners and have kept up with maintenance on the van. We took the van into Volkswagen dealer service and were told that the 2011 model was plagued with electrical problems. We were told this time our tipm needs to be replaced. Ll of the problems we are experiencing are related to a problem Chrysler (who made the van) admitted to. Volkswagen will not replace the part. The tipm is known for not getting fuel to the engine which can stop the van. This has happened to us twice.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 312012

Routan

Intermittent starts an stops turn key won`T start sometimes trouble started in 2012 took it to shop didn`T act up for them said nothing was wrong so I sort of lived with it it always started after a few tries but latley it start turning off while im driving went to dealer told me they never heard of such a thing happening I tcame home an googled it there were 2 recalls for that reason for 2009 AN2010 vans I believe they out right lied to me apparently the first quick fix recall got put in my van please help me I`ve had 2 close calls on the highway when it died while merging on to a highway it`S the only van I got an need it for work I live paycheck to paycheck I emailed Volkswagen an got no response there to busy with there deisel recall to bother with me the phone wait was over an hour so I hung up I sure my van is not to only one with issue my wife`S hair girl traded her van off because they wouldn`T fix it this a dangerous issue

- Streator, IL, USA