2011 Volkswagen Routan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Routan:

2011 Volkswagen Routan Owner Comments

Oct 092016

Routan 6-cyl

My complaint is a that my vehicle started out giving me problems getting started then got to the point the engine would just stop while driving and would not allow me to press the break to stop the vehicle. I found that Chrysler had recalled the tipm in their vehicles and VW Routans (made by the Chrysler group) were just no longer made and pushed under the rug...this is my primary mode of transportation and I am a single mother of five minor children...I don't have $1300 to invest in the repair and I reported the issue to VW and to no avail. I'm afraid for mine and my children's lives...the next time we may not be so lucky....I am in hopes that this reaches someone that can help. My children and I were in the vehicle and in a rural area on a straight-away when the engine shut off (without warning) and I could not engage the brakes. I was always advised that VW vehicles were the way to go because VW stood behind their brand...but I find that now that my family is in this situation they can care less. I did report the issue to them and was told they would not stand behind the vehicle.

- Lynchburg, SC, USA

Aug 022013

Routan

1st incident-parking car in a stall, car shuts off before parked. P0111 replace air temp sensor 2nd incident-exiting the freeway on a single lane just under 35mph engine shuts off, steering wheel locks right, apply brakes lightly, shift into neutral to turn wheel to pull on shoulder. P0300 and P0302 code. Dealer replace bank #2 cylinder head and necessary parts.(incident posted information) 3rd incident-merging on freeway up the hill, engine bogs and shuts off, was on far right lane pulled to side. Dealer says misfire on cylinder #6 with no dtc code, says ignition coil problem on #6.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jun 082011

Routan

The contact owns a 2011 Volkswagen Routan. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph and parking the vehicle, the vehicle suddenly accelerated without warning with the brakes depressed. The vehicle then crashed into metal poles and another vehicle. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was then towed to a dealer where the contact was awaiting the results of a pending investigation. The failure and current mileages were approximately 242.

- Cleveland, OH, USA