2009 Volkswagen Tiguan accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan:

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan Owner Comments

Jan 282016

Driver seat back support failure. I was at the intersection of alameda and chambers, in Aurora, co. The light turned green and I put my foot on the gas pedal to proceed forward, a bicyclist darted out in front of me so I quickly hit the brake pedal to avoid hitting him. At that moment my back support dropped back into a flat recline position. My vehicle did not travel 3 ft, nor did I reach any speed over 3 mph. I made a right turn into a parking lot to see if I could lift the seat but it appeared to be locked into the flat position. I drove the vehicle to the VW dealership to have it inspected. I was told that my seat operated correctly and that they were able to get it upright again. But were unable to determine why the seat fell backwards or failed. I'm concerned that there is a mechanical or electrical issue with seat and that if I'm in an accident that the seat will fail and that I could be severely injured or worse.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Dec 152013

Tiguan 4-cyl

Smelled something burning. Passenger noticed their seat was hot. Discovered burn spots in the passenger seat.

- Oxford, PA, USA

Dec 202010

Tiguan 4-cyl

I have a 2009 VW Tiguan. The front seats are heated cloth. Yesterday, the passenger seat malfunctioned and burned a hole in the seat. I am taking it to the dealership on 12/22/10.

- Akron, OH, USA